The name New Wharf was derived from the Wharf that was built on the nearby Burslem Branch of the Trent & Mersey canal at that time.In 1877 Thomas Francis Wood, along with his brother William, purchased for £5075 a site in Navigation Road, which they called New Wharf Pottery, and which they had probably been tenants or since 1875.
This piece shows use commensurate with age but has a LOT of years and life left. Miraculously no chips or cracks. Only the crackle that helps authenticate age as newer pieces rarely reveal this type of crackle pattern.
Made in England.
Dimensions: 14"L x 10.5" W